Confirmation for Adults is a program of preparation to receive the Catholic sacrament of Confirmation.
Candidates will need to attend eight classes to prepare for the Sacrament of Confirmation. We offer these preparation classes twice a year, one series in September and another in January. The celebration of the sacrament for adults is usually in mid-November and during the Easter Vigil. There is no charge for these classes. Contact Bill Marcotte email@example.com, 480-899-1990, ext.110 for more information or to sign up for the classes.
Candidates for this sacrament should:
- Be a registered parishioner.
- Be a baptized Catholic providing a current baptismal certificate.
- Have made their First Communion and received the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- If married, must have been married in the Catholic Church.
- Attend Sunday mass on a regular basis.
- Have a Sponsor for the Sacrament of Confirmation.
Confirmation candidates are encouraged to serve the parish in a specific ministry and/or participate as a volunteer in a local service agency such as the St. Vincent de Paul family dining room.
To be a Sponsor for Confirmation, a Candidate must:
- Be a fully initiated Catholic; has received Baptism, Confirmation, and Holy Eucharist.
- If married, has been married in the Catholic Church.
- Must be 16 years of age.
- Provide a letter from their parish stating their active status.